Life is A Beautiful Struggle
“You have come from God, you are a spark of His Glory. You will get peace only when you again merge in Him.”
Unashamed love.: Love isn’t a stupid Taylor Swift song.
what i want more than anything out of a man is somebody who will stand by my side as we fight the good fight of faith together. i want somebody to carry His name all over the world with me. i want people to see Christ in our relationship before they see anything else.
i haven’t been somebody that…
I am blessed. Everything happens for a reason.
1. I am human & I need to be loved, just like everybody else does.
2. There comes a point in your life, when you’re officially an adult. Suddenly, people expect you to be responsible, serious, a grown up. We get taller, we get older. But do we ever grow up? No matter how much we grow taller, grow older, we are forever stumbling…forever wondering, forever…young.
3. Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it’s very important that you do it. Because nobody else will. Like,when someone comes into your life and half of you says: “You’re no way ready, but the other half says: Make her yours forever.”
4. Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.
5. Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore, part of the mystery that we re trying to solve.
6. How do you see the morning today?
Scientist- Another day to experiment.
Prisoner- Another day to repent for my sin.
President- One more valuable time to lead.
Doctor- Countless moments to save a life.
Artist- Timed event for a masterpiece.
Lover- Another day to embrace and kiss.
Child- A whole new day to play.
Life is in different colors for everyone to see. But be the best person you can always be.
7. Life is all about risks, and it requires you to jump. Don’t be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.
8. I think that women are more intelligent than men; that’s why men have to be stronger. I really admire a woman for her intelligence, her personality, beauty is not enough. ~Roberto Cavalli
9. Sometimes it’s best to forget how you feel, and remember what you deserve.
10. I don’t understand how when somebody says that they want you in their life, but they never make an effort to make you a part of their life. Or when you tell a guy how you feel about them, they run away instead of listening to what you have to say. Or why men don’t treat women like they’re supposed to. I guess it’s something I’ll never understand.
11. I’ve come to realize that in this life, the only two people you can trust are God and yourself.
12. I’m sick of being the only one trying. When I’m long gone and no longer giving a second thought about you, you’re gonna wish you tried.
13. It is far more comforting to think God listened and said no, than to think that nobody’s out there- have a little faith.
14. Love is a funny thing. You expect it to be easy. You expect it to be a world of roses and laughs and perfect moments that you find only in movies. You expect him to always say the right thing, and always know exactly how you feel, or exactly how to react to it. You expect him to calm you down when you’re yelling or to chase you when you run away. You expect so much that you feel entirely, utterly defeated when something doesn’t exactly match up with all your plans. But that’s the thing. Love isn’t a plan. It doesn’t have a certain beginning and it certainly has no end or visible finish line to those deeply in it.
Love is so incredibly messy. People around you can’t comprehend why you do the things you do, or why you fight so hard for something that seems to cause you so much pain, because simply, they can’t see. They can’t see the invisible ring of insanity that surrounds you when you’re in love. It’s inconvenient and painful and devastating at times, but we can’t live without it. What you don’t learn is how hard love is. How much work it takes. How much of ourselves we have to put into it. How it isn’t worth it until we are complete and utter idiots about it.
Love isn’t him calming you down when you yell. It’s him yelling, just as loud, just as hard, right back at you, right in your face to wake you up and to keep you grounded. It isn’t him bringing you roses everyday or cute things that make your relationship appear more presentable.
It’s after a long fight, that drains the life and bones right out of you both, and yet him showing up at your door the next morning anyway. It’s not him saying all the right things or knowing exactly how to handle you. So no, it’s not her caressing your hair and telling you that everything’s going to be alright. It’s him standing there, admitting he’s just as scared as you are. You have to remember that with love, you’re not the only one involved. You’ve unknowingly put your life, your heart into the palms of another person’s hand and said “here. Do what you will. Mash it into mince meat. Or forget I ever handed it to you. As long as you have it.”
It makes us crazy. It makes us invisible and it erases all the lines that we shouldn’t cross. Because love isn’t about fencing ourselves in; feeling safe, feeling sure about the future. It’s about scaring the crap out of every nerve in our body, but pushing forward anyway. Because all the fighting and all the tears and all the uncertainty is worth it. And it’s a lot better than being 100% happy without someone to show us that there is a world of difference between feeling ‘happy’ and feeling whole.
Life is a challenge, and so is love. Things never come easy in life; if they do, memories are rare, suffering won’t get you through the tough times, there’s nothing to look back on. There’s no mistakes that you learn from. In the end, it’s all worth it.
15. Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose.
16. “Give all of us gathered here tonight the strength to remember that life is so very fragile. We are all vulnerable, and we will all, at some point in our lives…fall. We will all fall. We must carry this in our hearts…that what we have is special. That it can be taken from us, and when it is taken from us, we will be tested. We will be tested to our very souls. We will now all be tested. It is these times, it is this pain, that allows us to look inside ourselves.” ~ Coach Taylor, Friday Night Lights
17. People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.
18. Sometimes, you just have to distance yourself from people. If they care, they’ll notice. If they don’t, you know where you stand.
19. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11
20. “I pray that out of his glorious riches, He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your heart through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all of the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” ~Ephesians 3:16-19
Send me away with the words of a love song1. Never compare your love story with those in the movies, because they are written by scriptwriters. Yours is written by God.
2. Love me without fear. Trust me without wondering. Love me without restrictions. Want me without demand.
3. A relationship with God is the most important relationship you can have.
4. Among other things, you’ll find that you’re not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You’re by no means alone on that score, you’ll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You’ll learn from them- if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It’s a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn’t education. It’s history. It’s poetry.
5. Real beauty is being aware of yourself and honest about who you are. When you’re comfortable in your own skin, you look beautiful on the outside, regardless of how many flaws you have. My flaws? I break out. I have cellulite. But all of that is just being human.
6. If you have to ask someone to change, to tell you they love you, to bring wine to dinner, to call you when they land, you can’t afford to be with them. It’s not worth the price, even though, just like the Tiffany catalog, no one tells you what the price is. You set it yourself, and if you’re lucky, it’s reasonable. You have a sense of when you’re about to go bankrupt. Your own sense of self-worth takes the wheel and says, “Enough with this stuff. Stop making excuses. No one’s that busy at work. No one’s allergic to whipped cream. There are too cell phones in Sweden.” But most people don’t get lucky. They get human. They get crushes. This means you irrationally mortgage what little logic you own to pay for this one thing. This relationship is an impulse buy, and you’ll figure out if it’s worth it later.
7. Sometimes, our lives can change so fast that the change outpaces our mind and hearts. It’s those times, I think, when our lives have altered but still long for the time before everything was altered-this is when we feel the greatest pain. I can tell you, though, from experience, you grow accustomed to it. You learn to live your new life, and you can’t imagine, or even really remember how things were before.
8. Hear with your heart, see with your soul, be guided by a hand that you cannot hold, trust even if you cannot see. That’s how faith must be. Sometimes the things we can’t change, end up changing us instead.
9. In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place.
10. I can’t say that I’m mad at you, because I’m not. I can’t say that I hate you, because I don’t. And I can’t say that I’m done or that I’ll never talk to you again, because I know that I’m not. And I know that I will. But I can say that I hope and I pray, that if you really care about me at all, like you claim that you do, that you will stop setting me up, that you will stop saying things that you know you don’t mean.
11. We have this idea that love is supposed to last forever. But love isn’t like that. It’s a free-flowing energy that comes and goes when it pleases. Sometimes, it stays for life; other times it stays for a second, a day, a month, or a year. So don’t fear love when it comes, simply because it makes you vulnerable. But don’t be surprised when it leaves either. Just be glad you had the opportunity to experience it.
12. Sometimes it’s better when things aren’t perfect. At least that way, you know it’s real.
13. Is it me? Am I the reason people always leave? Am I the reason all these things keep happening to me? Maybe I’m just destined to be alone.
14. Do not look at the world through your head; look at it through your heart.
15. To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.
16. Maybe my life hasn’t been so chaotic. It’s just the world that is and the only real trap is getting attached to any of it. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.
17. Americans know entertainment, they don’t know pleasure.
18. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you’re brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher, and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you.
19. Traditionally, I have responded to the transcendent mystics of all religions. I have always responded with breathless excitement to any who has ever said that God does not live in a dogmatic scripture or in a distant throne in the sky, but instead abides very close to us indeed- much closer than anything we can imagine, breathing right through our own hearts. I respond with gratitude to anyone who has ever voyaged to the center of that heart, and who has then returned to the world with a report for the rest of us that God is an experience of supreme love.
20. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.
Maybe it’s not about the happy ending. Maybe, it’s about the story.
1. Everyone makes mistakes, and then you learn from them. If you ever happen to make the same mistake twice, the second time isn’t a mistake. It’s a choice.
2. The women who don’t seek attention are usually the women you need to be giving your attention to.
3. Not everyone or everything is worth fighting for. Sometimes what seems promising is nothing but a scenario and an ending that we’ve created in our heads. Throwing in the towel doesn’t always mean that you’re weak. It just means that you are strong enough to let go and allow God to take over. Whatever is meant to be…will be.
4. Whether we like it or not, whether we try to or not, whether we fight it or not, we always end up falling for the one who is horribly wrong for us.
5. Did you ever notice, that when people tell you you’ve changed, it’s only because you stopped acting the way they want you to?
6. Dear Tummy, sorry for all the butterflies. Dear Pillow, sorry for all the tears. Dear Heart, sorry for the damage. Dear Brain, you were right.
7. Never tell God how big your problems are, but tell your problems how big your God is.
8. Sometimes the person you want the most is the person you’re best without.
9. Passion. One of the number one things that we look for in our partners. It’s a universal desire for someone to be passionate about you. It’s a plus when they are passionate about their own life, and about things that are important to them. It brings fervor and fire into any relationship and makes every day exciting. It’s odd that this is something we look for in people, as if there are people who aren’t passionate at all. Shouldn’t everyone have something that excites, defines and drives them? Otherwise, life would be boring and meaningless. Passion should not be optional.
10. The funny thing is, nobody ever really knows how much anybody else is hurting. We could be standing next to somebody who is completely broken and we wouldn’t even know it.
11. Helping people- that’s the key to life, the key to happiness. As an adult, you can get wrapped up in yourself and your career. A little secret, and one of the greatest ways to break that, is to stop thinking about yourself for a second.
12. Life can’t promise pure happiness, but everything would be better if you learn to accept the things you can’t change.
13. HEY YOU. Yes, you. Stop being unhappy with yourself. You are perfect. Stop wishing you looked like someone else or wishing people like you as much as they like someone else. Stop trying to get attention from those who hurt you. Stop hating your body, your face, your personality, your quirks. Love them. Without those things, you wouldn’t be you and why would you want to be anyone else? Be confident with who you are. Smile. It’ll draw people in. If anyone hates on you because you are happy with yourself, then that’s their problem. My happiness will not depend on others anymore. I’m happy because I love who I am. I love my flaws. I love my imperfections. They make me “me.” And “me” is pretty amazing.
14. I’ve been making a list of the things they don’t teach you at school. They don’t teach you how to love somebody. They don’t teach you how to be famous. They don’t teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don’t teach you how to walk away from someone you don’t love any longer. They don’t teach you how to know what’s going on in someone else’s mind. They don’t teach you what to say to someone who’s dying. They don’t teach you anything worth knowing.
15. Faith is universal. Our specific methods for understanding it are arbitrary. Some of us pray to Jesus, some of us go to Mecca, some of us study subatomic particles. In the end, we are all just searching for the truth, that which is greater than ourselves.
16. You still have a lot of time to make yourself be what you want. There’s still lots of good in the world.
17. People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle & shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.
18. Take chances, take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel, always. Be you, and be okay with it.
19. In the end, we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we understand, we will understand only what we are taught.
20. “I can see and understand only a little about God now, and all I know is hazy and blurred, but someday, I will see everything clearly, just as clearly as God sees into my heart right now.” 1 Corinthians 13:12
It’ll only bring us closer to the love we wanna find1. I can tell you a lot about her. She’s someone with a huge heart. She will bend over backwards and fold herself in half helping out someone if she can do anything. Her loyalty to the ones that mean something to her is unheard of nowadays. She smiles like she’s never been hurt, and if you didn’t know her, you wouldn’t ever imagine her to ever be hurt. But it happens, a lot more than anyone realizes. She’s really fragile, and it takes very little for her to be hurt, as she takes everything to heart. I’m not surprised though if you don’t know a lot though, because she’s really cautious and her letting someone close to her is a rare thing to happen. There are demons inside her that she’s constantly in a fight with. And she’s a lot worse to herself than anything that could be said to her. Her past is not one of her favorite subjects. She wouldn’t expect anyone to notice her or to listen to the things she has to say that aren’t necessary to be said. But I’m telling you, she’s so worth it all, she’s nothing you’d ever expect, and you’ll feel alive in a way that you’ve never have with her in your life.
2. Do you remember when we went to bed early on Christmas Eve, the day before Easter, and any night that we lost a tooth? We had to, or else we wouldn’t get presents, or the chocolate eggs, or that quarter. Remember running around in your witch costume, collecting candy from complete strangers, no matter how cold it was? Don’t forget the days of orderly lines onto the school bus, and waking up extra early for Saturday morning cartoons. What happened exactly? And when did I miss it happening? Now, we are walking in the door at 2 am on Christmas morning, being the Easter bunny, and only losing teeth if we did something stupid. We’re too old to trick-or-treat. We’re lucky if we even catch the bus and they don’t even play cartoons on Saturday mornings anymore. Maybe it’s our society, maybe it’s in our biological makeup, or maybe it’s the human desire to fit in. We left our childhood behind without even giving it a second thought, and now 95% of us would give anything to go back to it.
3. God wants so much more foryour life than “fine.”
4. Life is a journey, not so much a destination, but a transformation. Looking back, doesn’t it sometimes feel like our richest times come right in the midst of our hardest? But God made us to live in community, to laugh and cry, to hurt and to celebrate with each other, no matter what we’re going through. And transformation is tough, and we don’t always end up where we think we will. But we have to remember, that even when we struggle to believe in Him, He always believes in us. He fills our life with purpose and passion, if we just let Him. And the best part of the journey, is that the God of the Universe, sometimes allows us to play a part in changing the world. Isn’t that a trip?
5. Listen, God is not some little genie or a vending machine and is not just worth it because he makes your life all better, but He’s with you.
6. If you ask me, there’s a moment in everybody’s life when you’re helpless, just helpless with hope and trust. And then something happens, something too big to understand and then everything changes forever.
7. Look at us, running around. Always rushed, always late. I guess that’s why they call it the human race. What we crave most in this world is connection. For some people, that happens at first sight. It’s when you know, you know. It’s fate working its magic. And that’s great for them. They get to live in a pop song. Ride the express train. But that’s not the way it really works. For the rest of us, it’s a bit less romantic. It’s complicated, it’s messy. It’s about horrible timing and fumbled opportunities. And not being able to say what you need to say when you need to say it. At least, that’s the way it was for me. But sometimes, it slows down just enough for all the pieces to fall into place. Fate works its magic. And you’re connected.
8. Each day is a treasure box of gifts from God just waiting to be opened. Open your gifts with excitement. You will find forgiveness attached to ribbons of joy. You will find love wrapped in sparkling gems.
9. I’ll stand, with arms high and heart abandoned in awe of the One who gave it all. I’ll stand, my soul Lord to You surrendered. All I am is Yours.
10. Sometimes, I feel alone. Some days are long and hard. But when I look out into the world, I am struck by the impossible beauty of it all. Those billions of magnificent accidents that lead us to where we are today, that led us to paper planes and nautilus shells and the tiny, crooked smiles of children. When I think of all the small perfections of the world, I have faith that my time will come. I have faith that someday, a warm light will flood over me, and I will find peace.
11. Put God first in every aspect of your life.
12. God will take you through hell just to get you to heaven.
13. So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.
14. Nothing is more beautiful than a girl who doesn’t pretend to be something she’s not, down to earth, and lets no guy define who she is.
15. Dear whoever is reading this: you’re beautiful and someone out there is crazy about you. So smile. Life’s too short to be unhappy.
16. What makes you happy? Is it the feeling you get when you’re excited but scared at the same time when a thunderstorm is happening? Or when you finally see someone you haven’t seen in a long time? Is it merely just loving life? If you think that achieving your goals, or being in a relationship, or thinking about your future makes you happy, you’re not. You can’t be authentically happy about things you have no control over.
17. You are a perfectly acceptable human being right now, this minute. You are just as valid as any other human being, without changing a single thing about yourself. That doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to want to grow, evolve or improve yourself, or you can’t do better sometimes. It just means that right now this instant, you are worthy of your own self love. Even if it is hard to love yourself sometimes, or you’re struggling with some really difficult stuff in your life, you still deserve it. So be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and give the best version of yourself that you can give, but know that even in the tough times, you are still valid, worthy and deserving.
18. Recognize your limitations and don’t overdo it. Don’t get too down on yourself for not getting things done. Try to eliminate thoughts revolving around a need to be “productive.” Recognize your needs and articulate them, especially when it comes to relationships with others. Realize there’s nothing wrong with being “selfish.” Cry when you need to. Identify and eliminate toxic people and behaviors from your life. Remember, you’re allowed to say “no,” and you deserve love too. Taking care of yourself and putting yourself first in a capitalist system is a form of resistance.
19. To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we only see the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places- and there are so many- where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is a marvelous victory.
20. I think the biggest difference between me and her, is that she’s everything you want & I’m not.
21. God isn’t the one who is lost; we all are. God is where He always is. We need to stop trying to “find God” and instead rid ourselves of the things that we used to hide from God.
22. To be loved. To know that there is someone out there who would give their all to only be with you, someone more than willing to share their world with you. Someone who will take your hand and hold it, and never ever would they let it go, never would they want to let you go. Someone who holds you in their arms, someone who tells you he’s holding his entire world there at that very moment. A person who will love you with their all. To love and be loved, that is something I wish for.
Scared of love, but scared of life alone.
1. Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things- with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope.
2. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope that someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.
3. This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes. It’s a universal truth. But the good part is, you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends- they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything- they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them- actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soulmate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re going to fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself. Because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up. and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
4. People change. Time’s moving. Years go by, and I’m not the same girl you used to know.
5. I’m told that fate makes fun of us, that it gives us nothing and promises everything. When happiness seems to be within our reach, we reach out and find ourselves like fools.
6. You reach a point in your life where you see the real from the fake, you realize that sometimes, people really do come in your life for